Friday, January 23, 2009

I think I'm over reacting but...

So, I'm sitting here furiously texting the bf about my horrible day (and it was only 9:30) and I decide to venture to google reader for some relief. I saw a few posts that made me giggle... (like this one from Bex . (I wish my roommates would leave me presents like that... but for the time being I'm living with my parents SO... yeah not happening.)) Then I came along this one which really started me thinking...

(If you don't want to read a huge amount of my mind wandering... scroll to the last paragraph... yeah... its one of those)

Yes, I still feel new to blogging, but other than the few from or about Guam, 99.9% of my posts are random rantings about everyday troubles that everyone has. Most of the time I am A O K with that but lately I have also been thinking about how, in high school, I used to take pride in my writing. It was one of my many gifts I am thankful to have received from some sort of higher being or just the luck of the draw. I loved writing, dancing, and plain being alive. Granted there were the typical heartbreaks and disappointments that fueled a ton of musings, but the works that came from the "good times" were always my best.

I guess my question is does my writing suck because I'm angrier or am I angrier because my writing sucks.... just kidding. Why is it that I haven't grown as a writer even though I've taken great strides as a person. Maybe, I've found things that are easier outlets for expression (including but not limited to screaming old Back Street Boys, or any, songs in my car.)

In short I think what i am saying is, I'm disappointed in my blog. I feel like its more of a journal than something for others to read, or even for me to be proud of.... Or maybe I'm just having a bad day? Oh well its Friday, I'm going tanning and then to the BF's for the weekend so it should be good despite the fact that we both have drill.

...and it just got a little better when the rather attractive FedEx guy came in...

No comments: